- 1/4 cup chunky all-natural organic almond butter (I use the Nuts To You Nut Butter brand)
- 1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup rice crisp cereal (I use GF Nature’s Path, organic and sugar-free)
- 3 tbsp organic brown rice syrup (I use the Lundberg brand)
- 1 tbsp of cacao bits OR chopped raw dark chocolate
Directions: Line a plate with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, stir together the almond butter, brown rice syrup, and vanilla. Microwave on high for 35-45 seconds. Stir well and immediately add in the rice crisp cereal and cacao nibs (or chopped chocolate). Stir very well until fully mixed.
Wet hands thoroughly and shape the mixture into ‘golf-balls’. Press mixture together firmly so it will hold. Wet hands after each ball is formed so the mixture will not stick to your hands. Place the balls onto parchment paper and freeze for 5 minutes. You can keep these chews in the freezer in a sealed container. I really enjoy them straight from the freezer. They remain nice and chewy.
Makes 7 golf-ball sized chews.
This recipe is inspired from the OH SHE GLOWS blog.
Thank you, Angela Liddon! 🙂