Makes 3-4 Servings Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
Ingredients For Teriyaki Sauce:
2/3 cup tamari sauce (reduced sodium), 3 tbsp agave syrup (or brown rice syrup), 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger, 1-2 cloves of garlic (minced), 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes. (Option to add a chopped bird’s eye chili for extra spice).
Ingredients For Noodle Bowl:
1 package (230g) of brown rice soba noodles, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 heads of organic broccoli (cut into florets, chopped small), 3 celery stalks (chopped), 1 cup of shelled frozen edamame, 2 large carrots (grated), 1-2 tsp sesame seeds.
- Prepare the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- For the noodle bowl: Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and coat the pan. Add the broccoli florets, celery, and 2 tablespoons of Teriyaki sauce and saute for about 7-9 minutes, reducing heat if necessary.
- When the water boils, add the noodles and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook the noodles as instructed on the package directions (about 5-7 minutes for most soba rice noodles). Drain.
- Add the frozen edamame and grated carrots to the skillet and saute another 5 minutes, or until the edamame is heated throughout.
- Stir the drained noodles into the stir-fry mixture along with 2/3 of the Teriyaki sauce. Cook for a couple minutes and then serve immediately with a garnish of sesame seeds.
Inspired by Angela Liddon’s Oh She Glows Recipe: